Most people truly do not understand the benefits that a good professional facial can offer. As skin care professionals, it is our duty to let you know. Many women and men will wait until they have a skin issue or concern (weird breakouts, dry itchy skin, dark spots, etc.) or have an upcoming special event before coming in for a facial. While this is totally fine, these frustrating problems can often be preempted by proper monthly facials and counseling on the correct at-home products.
We know that times are tough in this economy and it’s prudent to cut back on what feels like inessential purchases. However, having a monthly facial is a good investment and we hope to show you in this blog post how and why.
Your skin is always on display and often has the power to dictate how good we feel about ourselves. Investing in proper skincare has a value that can be arguably more important than buying a new dress or going out to a fancy restaurant or even taking an expensive vacation (we try and make our customers feel like a facial is a mini-vacation). What’s more is that facials at Murreita Day Spa are not only affordable but you have access to our entire facility including the sauna, pool and lounge areas as part of the services you receive.
Our facials are undeniably more unique (and fun) while still being customized, anti-aging, relaxing, acne reducing, environmental damage restoration, comfortable, and come with personal attention and great service from technicians that have been with us on average 7+ years. If affordability is an issue, we also offer special discounts for pre-booking as well as referral specials.
Facials are ideal once a month unless you have a specific skin concern you are trying to overcome (acne, hyper-pigmentation, etc), then you may need to come in for a series of treatments. The reason behind getting monthly facials is that your stratum corneum (the outermost layer of visible skin) will completely renew itself approximately every 28 days. In this time your skin cells are constantly being replicated from the treated cells to replace the old cells. If you give your skin a head start (i.e. a great facial) your skin cells will begin to replicate the now healthier cells and thus give you a better complexion. Also, most skin products can take up to 6-8 weeks to start to treat active skin cells, but by speeding up the renewal process with a facial you can make these products work faster and more effectively.
Aside from just feeling like heaven, here are our top 10 reasons why you should come in to Murrieta Day Spa for monthly facials:
- A good facial (and facial massage) can help smooth fine lines and promote collagen production, which is the building block of the skin (to prevent premature aging, wrinkles, and sagging).
- Facials allow you to relax. They feel great and are healing to the soul. The power of touch, massage, proper technique, and professional products can heal. We call facials “relaxing with benefits”. Who wouldn’t want stress relief and beautiful glowing skin at the same time?
- Facials slow the aging process. They allow your skin to feel healthier, smoother, and look more radiant. Facials reduce fine lines, age spots, and relieve dehydrated skin. With these benefits, facials make us feel better about our skin. With the use of exfoliation, massage, and the penetration of nutrients and antioxidants, facials also fight to reverse aging. We will all age, but we can do it more slowly with glowing, firm, and hydrated skin.
- Facials provide deep(er) exfoliation than you can achieve at home. Exfoliation smoothes skin, allows for great penetration of products (i.e. moisturizers or serums), unclogs pores, improves skin ability to retain hydration, and evens skin tone to just name a few benefits.
- Facials decrease waste underneath the skin that can cause ruddiness, puffiness, and fluid accumulation by manipulating the lymphatic system that lies just under the skin. Facials also aids in detoxification of your skin.
- Facials can increase circulation of the blood under the skin allowing the skin optimal health to facilitate the renewal skin cells. This is a natural process but facials stimulate and accelaerte these natural processes.
- A facial clean the pores on a much deeper level. Similar to a good dental cleaning, this is what a facial can do for the skin/pores. Even non-acneic skin can use a good deep cleanse. Extractions/cleaning out the pores can help to maintain clear skin, stop acne formation, as well as can help to change the pore’s size. Often times left unchecked, pores can start to stretch and widen with the accumulation of oil and debris. (Please do not attempt to extract or pick at your own skin unless you are a professional and know how to do it properly- you could be at risk of scarring and infection).
- Allows on of our professionally trained estheticians to counsel you on the proper products you should be using at home. This alone is worth the investment as the skincare industry can be a difficult (and expensive) area to navigate.
- Can help even skin tone and lighten dark spots. Dark spots age our skins’ appearance visibly. A gentle reminder; sunscreen is still a necessity, no matter how great the facial.
- Facials are not a miracle in 50 minutes but they do give you a fresh start to a healthier and balanced complexion. Regular facials will help you maintain optimal skin health.